Did you know that walking for 30 minutes a day or more on most days of the week is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health?
All you need is a comfortable pair of walking shoes and why not, a good friend.
Here are some benefits of walking:
- It can help you burn calories
- It will strengthen your heart, reducing your risk of developing CVD by 20%
- It can help you lower your blood sugar levels, especially if you are suffering from diabetes
- It can help protect the joints, including hips and knees.
- It boosts your immune function
- Improves your mood
- Boosts your energy
- Helps with creative thinking, so if you have a project in mind, going for a walk could be a good choice to collect your thoughts.